Pumpkin Wreath Tutorial how to

Pumpkin Wreath Tutorial


Hi everyone hope you are all well.

I am so out of practice with writing on my blogs as It's ages since I updated them.

 So please bare with me.

Its's overcast here today,  I hope the weather is nice wherever you are in the world. 

I was asked if I had a tutorial for my pumpkin wreath I made.

 so without further ado here it is.


Items I used

(see below for stockists)

Pumpkin wreath form

Pumpkin Ribbon

Various different foilage and flowers.

Blanket, Extra chunky or Aran  Yarn Orange colour

Garden Twine

Beacon  3 in 1 glue Glue or Hot gun

Darning Needle


How To.....




I first of all measured the length of ribbon  to the size I needed for each bar going down the wreath form.

Cut some yarn from the ball of yarn,  as easier to feed through. added ribbon underneath the bottom bar used beacon glue to stick the ribbon.


Inspired by  this lady on you tube.

This Southern Girl Can

Which you can find 

HERE


Follow the instructions on the video  how to wrap the ribbon.


I then decided  to use material to cover the wreath base, but didn't look right so took it off. 


WEAVING




Then I had a brainwave I took some aran yarn that I had in my stock and started to weave the yarn through the wholes but when I got to the ribbon I had to go underneath the ribbon with keeping on weaving. When reaching the end go back the other way.   To do this to get behind ribbon I used a darning needle.

This took me three days to weave as I wanted to make sure that I had no gaps left. So time consuming. lol. 

If I was making again though I would weave first before ribbon  if you are in the USA  use  blanket wool which we can't get it  here in the UK. Which will make the wreath base thicker and easier.  Something like extra chunky. I would purchase in the UK instead of Aran.





When I had finished the weaving of the yarn.  I decided the top of the pumpkin wreath form didn't look right, so I took some cardboard drew round the outer of the hook, cut it out and wrapped garden twine around it gluing it in place.


I then made a bow to sit on top of the wreath.  Got some flowers from my stock stuck with beacon glue or use a hot glue gun, to stick onto either side of the bow added some foilage.


End Result Images










Where to buy the Products

Pumpkin Wreath  A little bit of nice blanks

Pumpkin Ribbon A little bit of nice blanks

Foilage and Flowers The Range

Beacon 3 in 1 glue Amazon.co.uk

Orange Yarn The woolwarehouse

Garden twine had in my own stock


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial please come again. If you have enjoyed the tutorial please leave me a comment.

Bye for now.

Happy Wreathing and crafting.


Comments

Popular Posts